Hello and welcome to Year 5 Class. Thank you for taking the time to look at all the exciting things we get up to! Class Teacher – Miss C Archer. Class Teaching Assistant – Mrs A Deighton.
St Francis of Assisi Class
Year 5 Class Prayer
Thank you for creating us,
Thank you for your lovely creations that you have given us,
Thank you for the animals, the people and plants,
Thank you for our school and our education,
Thank you for helping us to make friends.
Help us to love one another and to be caring people,
Help us to respect and listen to one another,
Help us to learn and to work hard at school,
Help us to be brave and overcome our fears,
Help us to Believe, Succeed and Soar.
Without you, nothing can be accomplished,
Help us to today and for many days to come.
Please see the curriculum overview for all our fantastic Lent learning! As we approach Lent, our focus will be on the themes of sacrifice, reconciliation and new beginnings.
Important things to remember this term:
- Our PE days are Mondays – please bring swimming kit every Monday.
- Children are in the WOW area (Woodland of Wonder) on Thursdays or Fridays so must remember suitable outdoor clothes, lots of warm layers and Wellington boots!
- Children need to bring their diaries each day for signing.
- Children need to be reading every night (independently or with an adult) and they need to record the Title of the book, page numbers read and a short summary in their reading logs. They have a reading for pleasure book from school that they have chosen from the library themselves and can take home.
- Healthy snacks only at break time please – a piece of fruit is best! No energy drinks or sugary snacks and nothing containing nuts.
|Morning Learning||Lunch||Afternoon Learning|
|Monday||English, Swimming||Music, Computing|
|Tuesday||Reading, Geography, Maths||English, Maths|
|Wednesday||Reading, English, Maths||RE, Science|
|Thursday||Reading, English, Maths, Spellings||WOW Area or English, French|
|Friday||Reading, RE, Maths, RSHE||WOW Area or English, French|
Our Wonderful Work this Term!
Advent Term Learning
Remember to keep logging on to Times Tables Rockstars and Numbots.
Our House Teams 2022-23