Pupil Premium Statement
At St Mary's funding is targeted at narrowing the attainment gaps between learners. It has been used in the following ways:
- Additional staffing to provide small group teaching to boost attainment in reading, writing and maths
- Employment of HLTA to provide small group and individual SEN work, whilst building social and emotional skills, to enable learners to engage effectively with learning programmes.
- Additional staffing to provide language support work for pupils with English as an Additional Language.
- Funding for educational visits for some pupils to support holistic learning and development.
- Funding has also been invested in the Rapid Writing and Maths programmes, intended to accelerate the progress and attainment of all children, through precision targeted teaching of skills, and the development of positive learning behaviours. This has included the purchase of high quality resources and training for staff.
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.